Possible cairn. Named `’Cahergal’ on 1842 and 1904 OS maps. Atop hill in commanding position. Area previously planted with conifers and replanted c. 1987. Hill-top partially enclosed by arc of upright stones(H 0.94m – 1.67) NW>SE; line of loose stones extends c. 4.7m S from W edge of arc. Power (1918, 229) suggests this is remains of retaining wall for cairn destroyed within his lifetime and ‘Carn Geal’ is correct name for site. He also records remains of square chamber or pit in centre. Locally known as ‘Giant’s Grave’ it may be reached through forest roadway on north side of road between ‘Butcher’s Cross’ and ‘St. Laurence’s’ Holy Well.